IP Licensing & Author Services
Manage and empower your authors to maximise their full marketing potential, build their platform and profile and help you sell more books.
We’ll work with you to understand the needs of your author cohort, your business priorities and how we can help you improve and escalate your author offer.
- Product development, packaging and positioning
We’ll work with you and your authors to help you research, develop, package and position the right product for your target market and audience.
- Author liaison and support
As a single point of contact, our author managers are on-hand to provide the day-to-day strategy and support your authors need throughout the commissioning, writing, production and publication period.
- Author marketing strategy
We can work with you and your authors to strategise and build marketing activity that will build on and leverage your author’s profile and platform, complement your own marketing campaigns and elevate the awareness and sales of your books.
International Sales and Licensing
- Consultancy – 1:2:1 with authors or publishers advising on how to maximize value of IP by expanding market reach via export, versioning, and derivative and translation licensing
- Strategic – project-based agreement where systems and processes are designed for author or publisher to establish their own internal licensing team
- Representation – As work for hire, licensing and international distribution is managed directly by PCG team, (represent at international book fairs, travel to meet with international distributors and identified strategic partners to craft models of strategic cooperation), issue licensing and distribution agreements, chase income and report to author or publisher as requested.
US Market Development
- Consultancy – 1:2:1 with authors or publishers on how to maximize the exploitation of the US book market
- Strategic – project-based work to craft a play book on steps necessary to exploit various US book channels including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, corporate education, trade and big box channels, with particular focus on marketing, social media, and use of independent reps and US strategic partners
- Representation – As work for hire, utilize US-based sales and marketing team in order to arrange US import and distribution, sales and marketing initiatives including b2b sales, e-commerce fulfillment, conference representation, custom publishing, bookstore relations, etc
I’ve worked with Simon over a number of years in the various roles he has held at Pearson. I’ve always found him to be an open and engaging colleague, with a positive outlook. He has excellent industry knowledge, particularly in the academic and schools publishing sphere (covering print and digital formats, for everything from traditional textbooks, to courseware, assessment platforms etc). Given that extensive knowledge base its not a surprise to me that Simon is now looking to utilise those skills in a consultancy role for his next challenge. I can see how his knowledge and experience would add value to authors, publishing houses and aggregators (retailers, libraries and wholesale) in rights management, strategic sales management and planning and content marketing’.
Sean is an excellent Sales Director who has had responsibilities for significant revenues and sizeable sales team. He is extremely strategic, well organised and plans meticulously. He has excellent leadership skills and engages well with teams, whether these are field or office based. He has taken responsibility for large sales team restructures, and always deliver them in a well organised and conscientious way. He is a strategic thinker and contributes very well to wider business discussions.
‘Abby has managed a range of complex campaigns and projects for us over recent years and always delivers on time and to a very high standard. Abby has conducted in-depth research and analysis to help inform our product development and marketing plans. She is also highly creative, an adept copywriter and campaign manager, well versed in delivering campaigns with impact across social, web and traditional channels. I would highly recommend Abby as an asset to any project or team and know many of my colleagues would say exactly the same.’
Lawrence is one of the best if not the best person I have known in the rights business. I have known Lawrence for almost twenty years now since I was with Pearson Asia, buying rights from him and his team. There were times when the deals were so complicated as they involved so many parties, Lawrence was able to sort out those issues on a win-win basis. His calm and friendly manner in dealing with people and issues makes him such a wonderful person to deal with. Even after leaving Pearson and joining World Scientific Publishing, meeting Lawrence at Frankfurt Book Fair every October is always one of the highlights of my trip there.
If you would like market-leading expertise and the right level of support to grow your business we would love to hear from you.
Please leave your email details on our contact page or give us a call on 07909 974 729